Little 500 Protest Form
If your protest was denied, you may submit an electronic appeal in order to dispute the ruling with the Little 500 Appeals Board.
- Protest: The student must submit an electronic protest form via the IUSF website along with supporting documents by 11:59 pm February 3, 2020.
NOTE: IUSF staff runs a grade and credit hours check of all registered Little 500 participants.
- IUSF Decision: The Little 500 Race Director will review the protest and documentation and conduct any necessary investigation and/or interviews. He or she will then make a decision. If the Race Director rules favorably, then the protest is passed. If he or she rules against the protest, then the student has the opportunity to file an appeal with the IUSF Appeals Board. If the student does not choose to file an appeal, then the protest is considered to be denied and cannot be submitted again.
- Appeal: A student wishing to appeal a protest must submit an electronic appeal via the IUSF website to the IUSF Appeals Board along with payment of $30 by 11:59 pm on February 17, 2020.
- Hearing and Final Ruling: The Appeals Board will take place on February 19, 2020. The Appeals Board will hear the verbal appeal of the student and/or his/her representative. The student appealing must be present at the hearing. The Race Director will present the case on behalf of IUSF and in support of the original ruling. After both sides have presented arguments, the Appeals Board will deliberate in private and reach a final decision. The student appealing will be notified in writing of the outcome.
Appeals Board Description
The purpose of this board will be to decide appeals concerning any eligibility issues of riders who have been deemed ineligible by IUSF. It is not the function of the Appeals Board to change the rules of IUSF events. Rather, it exists to hear reasons why exceptions should be made to the existing rules.
The IUSF Appeals Board will consist of 7-13 members appointed by the IUSF Director who are undergraduate Indiana University-Bloomington students, alumni, faculty and staff. The Appeals Board will include:
- IUSF President
- One or more IUSF Steering Committee members
- One or more general IUSF members
- One or more male members of Riders Council
- One or more female members of Riders Council
- IU Foundation Board of Associates President and/or his/her appointee,
- One or more other members as appointed by the IUSF Director.
All members will serve for the entire academic year.